You don’t have to be an American to join the AWCD, the American Women’s Club of Düsseldorf, e.V. We are a network of socially conscious, active women & men, and as such we encourage all ages and nationalities who speak English, and want to participate in activities in an American setting, to become members. As a local club, we offer those who join equal parts fun along with giving back to our community with the focus on women and children’s efforts.
Have a look at what we have to offer:
- Weekly and monthly events that include a range of activities and interests.
- Access to “Members Only” section of the Club's website.
- Club e-mail updates regarding club activities, upcoming events and special offers.
- Access to Scholarship Programs through our affiliate organization FAWCO (Federation of American Women’s Club Overseas).
- Meeting many members of many different nationalities and professions and the ability to gain from their experience as a local or an ex-pat as well as their friendship.
- Supporting local charitable organizations and also actively participating at some locations.
- Leadership opportunities through our committee groups and executive board participation.
- Access to timely news updates from American embassy.
- Quarterly Radschläger magazine that gives local living tips, travel reviews, local recipes, and much more!